RetroTINK-2X Firmware Upgrade
For a limited time, we have a firmware upgrade service for the v3.1 PCB (units bought before April 2019). The new firmware improves the compatibility of the HDMI output, PAL-60 support and adds the ability to remember the input and filter settings across power cycles.
The service is open to all customers no matter where you bought the unit. No proof-of-purchase necessary. However, if you are in the EU, VGP might be a faster option: (https://www.videogameperfection.com/products/retrotink-firmware-service/)
Castlemania games also has an upgrade servicve: (https://castlemaniagames.com/collections/retrotink/products/retrotink-2x-firmware-update-service)
If you want to DIY, here are the instructions: (http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=RetroTINK2X#Firmware_Upgrade)
If you would like your board upgraded, please read carefully below before ordering:
- Cost is $0.01 + S/H return shipping ($8.99 US, $18.99 International).
- Please pack the device with padding inside a secure box.
- A limited amount of upgrades will be opened every week. If the check out link says out of stock, please try again later.
- We cannot take any responsibility for the device once it enters the postal system: both to us and back to you. By ordering, you acknowledge that you assume all risk for the device being delayed, lost or damaged.
- We cannot guarantee any turn-around time. We have zero control over the speed of the postal system. Once the device arrives, we will upgrade and test within 7 days. A shipping confirmation e-mail will be issued to your e-mail address once the unit is sent back to you. To keep things efficient, please do not contact us until 7 days after the device arrives at our facility.
- At our discretion, we may send you a different unit than the one that was returned to us.
- If you have a custom case, please remove before shipping. We cannot be liable for damage to the case during transit or removal.
- If you do not agree to the above, please do not order.