The RetroTINK-2X Classic is the original version of the ultra-low latency line doubler that takes composite, S-video and component analog output from your retro-console and outputs HDMI digital video to your modern display.
- Inputs: Component, S-video and Composite
- Formats: 240p/480i, 288p/576i, NTSC and PAL and PAL-60
- Output: miniHDMI at 480p/576p (line-doubled mode) or input resolution (pass-thru mode)
- Latency: About 53 microseconds
- Audio: 24-bit stereo
- Optional smoothing filter
- Plexi-glass enclosure
- Power: microUSB input. You will need to supply a microUSB power cord and adaptor. The RT2X uses minimal power so a 500 mA phone charger is sufficent. The best source would be the USB port on your TV/monitor.
How to Use
The 2X is very easy to use. Plug in USB power to the 2X and the mini-HDMI cord from the 2X to your display. Connect your console to one of the inputs: composite, S-video or component. Press the mode select button the the correct input and you should be all set!
Castlemania games was kind enough to write up an assembly guide: (https://blog.castlemaniagames.com/retrotink-asembly)
A post with resources for the best cables is coming soon.
Some more detailed resources (thank you all for taking the time to produce!):
- VGP's Quick-Start Guide
- Junker HQ's Wiki
- RetroRGB's Review
- MLiG's Review
- Scarlet Sprites' Review
- RGT 85's Review
- RTS's Review
- Ray Commend's Review
- Metal Jesus Rock's Review
- Adam Koralik's Review
- Lon.TV's Review
- RoXolid's Review
- RetroGameCouch's Review
Greg Collins was kind enough to design a custom case, which can be 3-D printed:
The Adopted Trademarks HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks
of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
RetroTINK LLC is a licensed HDMI adoptor.