The RetroTINK-2X Classic is the original version of the ultra-low latency line doubler that takes composite, S-video and component analog output from your retro-console and outputs Digital Video to your modern display.
- Inputs: Component, S-video and Composite
- Formats: 240p/480i, 288p/576i, NTSC and PAL and PAL-60
- Output: Digital Video at 480p/576p (line-doubled mode) or input resolution (pass-thru mode)
- Latency: About 53 microseconds
- Audio: 24-bit stereo
- Optional smoothing filter
- Plexiglass Enclosure
- Power: microUSB input. You will need to supply a microUSB power cord and adaptor. The RT2X uses minimal power so a 500 mA phone charger is sufficent. The best source would be the USB port on your TV/monitor.
How to Use
The 2X is very easy to use. Plug in USB power to the 2X and the digital video cord from the 2X to your display. Connect your console to one of the inputs: composite, S-video or component. Press the mode select button the the correct input and you should be all set!
Castlemania games was kind enough to write up an assembly guide: (https://blog.castlemaniagames.com/retrotink-asembly)
A post with resources for the best cables is coming soon.
Some more detailed resources (thank you all for taking the time to produce!):
- VGP's Quick-Start Guide
- Junker HQ's Wiki
- RetroRGB's Review
- MLiG's Review
- Scarlet Sprites' Review
- RGT 85's Review
- RTS's Review
- Ray Commend's Review
- Metal Jesus Rock's Review
- Adam Koralik's Review
- Lon.TV's Review
- RoXolid's Review
- RetroGameCouch's Review
Greg Collins was kind enough to design a custom case, which can be 3-D printed: