RetroTINK-2X MINI Firmware Page
Updated: 3 days ago
Firmware updates are provided on an "as-is" basis. We cannot provide support for computer software problems nor can we guarantee that updates will not cause incompatibilities with your equipment. Proceed at your own risk. Having said that, it is impossible to brick the device as long as you use our software, so in the worst case, simply revert to the previous version that worked for you.
DO NOT EVER ATTEMPT TO FLASH THE HEX FILES DIRECTLY TO THE PCB VIA THE PIC ICSP PINS. THESE FILES ARE ONLY FOR THE 2X-M. NEVER USE THESE FILES ON A REGULAR PRO/SCART AND VICE VERSA.
*Made LEDs dimmer.
*Improved detection stability.
*Mutes video output after 30 seconds of no valid input detected.
*Idle state (no input) is now solid green instead of cycling between yellow and white.
CAUTION: Read carefully before proceeding
*DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLASH THE HEX FILE DIRECTLY TO THE PCB VIA THE ICD PINS. YOU MUST USE THE RETROTINK SOFTWARE. THE FIRMWARE CONTAINS AN ANTI-PIRACY MEASURE THAT CAN PERMANENTLY DESTROY THE DEVICE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT CAN OCCUR IN THIS CASE.
1. Download the FTDI D2XX Drivers and install.
2. Download the RetroTINK Firmware update tool and install by unzipping and running RT_FWUP.
3. Download the appropriate HEX file from above.
4. Plug your device into your computer's USB port while holding down the 'FILTER' button. The LED should be RED indicating update mode.
5. Run the RetroTINK Firmware Update tool. The installer will have left a shortcut on your desktop.
6. Hit 'Search'. You should see 'FT232R USB UART' appear in the box.
7. Hit 'Load HEX' and point to the .hex file you downloaded.
8. Hit 'Flash'. The update process should start. If the window freezes, that is okay - the update should complete within a minute or so.
9. Your device should reboot and be ready to use.
10. If you accidentally interrupt the process, just start over from step 4.
Video Instruction - Big Thanks to Scarlet Sprites