RetroTINK-2X MINI Firmware Page
Updated: Jan 20
Notice, read carefully before proceeding:
All MINI's are pre-flashed with the v1.1 firmware. This means that you do not need to update it unless you specifically need the pass-thru functionality.
If you do NOT need 240p/480i pass-thru, please do NOT attempt to flash your device. Unless you're attempting to use the MINI as a transcoder for another video processor, you do NOT need to update.
Firmware updates are provided on an "as-is" basis. We cannot provide support for computer software problems nor can we guarantee that updates will not cause incompatibilities with your equipment. Proceed at your own risk.
*Press and hold the filter button for more than 1 second and release to toggle between pass-thru and Line2x.
*Pass-thru is only useful for transcoding and capturing with professional cards. It will not work with many TVs. If you do not specifically need this functionality, please do not attempt to use it.
*Made LEDs dimmer.
*Improved detection stability.
*Mutes video output after 30 seconds of no valid input detected.
*Idle state (no input) is now solid green instead of cycling between yellow and white.
*DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLASH THE HEX FILE DIRECTLY TO THE PCB VIA THE ICD PINS. YOU MUST USE THE RETROTINK SOFTWARE. THE FIRMWARE CONTAINS AN ANTI-PIRACY MEASURE THAT CAN PERMANENTLY DESTROY THE DEVICE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT CAN OCCUR IN THIS CASE.
1. Download the FTDI D2XX Drivers and install.
2. Download the RetroTINK Firmware update tool and install by unzipping and running RT_FWUP.
3. Download the appropriate HEX file from above.
4. Plug your device into your computer's USB port while holding down the 'FILTER' button. The LED should be RED indicating update mode.
5. Run the RetroTINK Firmware Update tool. The installer will have left a shortcut on your desktop.
6. Hit 'Search'. You should see 'FT232R USB UART' appear in the box.
7. Hit 'Load HEX' and point to the .hex file you downloaded.
8. Hit 'Flash'. The update process should start. If the window freezes, that is okay - the update should complete within a minute or so.
9. Your device should reboot and be ready to use.
10. If you accidentally interrupt the process, just start over from step 4.
Video Instruction - Big Thanks to Scarlet Sprites, who was kind enough to make this video. Please do not contact Scarlet Sprites for technical support.