RetroTINK-2X Pro and SCART Firmware Page
Updated: Mar 15
*Improved DVI-only detection
*CVBS Luma gain in 'Auto' mode now works more like a modern LCD versus a CRT if you prefer that look instead.
*Low-res YPbPr mode for mimicking pixel dithering effects. Filter button cycle is now: regular, smoothed, scan-lined, low-resolution, low-resolution/smoothed. Warning: low-resolution mode is for experimental purposes only and degrades the sharpness (and adds minor ringing artifacts) since it applies CVBS type filtering to the Luma channel. Added only due to popular request :-)
Follow instructions below using these files:
If you flash the wrong hex file, don't worry. Just start over with the correct one.
Version 1.1 Change Log
*Improved sharpness on all input modes via tweaked filters.
*Improved format detection and switching for PAL60, PAL-M, NTSC4.43 (modified consoles). *Smooth mode is SMOOTHER.
*Blocky mode is slightly sharper.
*Added LED flicker to indicate new format detection. *Tweaked Composite Luma sharpness per format color subcarrier. *Tweaked Composite PAL Chroma comb filter to remove interleaved chroma lines. *Added Composite high resolution Chroma mode (manually enabled, not saved after power down, see manual). *Improved Color Bars displaying stability in free run. *Auto-detection of DVI only monitors at power up via EDID, indicated by Blue LED at power up. *Manual DVI mode (see manual). *Re-centered image vertically by 1 pixel.
*Output mode changed to RGB444 from YCbCr 422, which had previously caused color fidelity issues on some TVs with respect to the Classic.
CAUTION: Read carefully before proceeding
*While the bootloader portion of the firmware is protected making bricking the device unlikely, proceed carefully.
*Due to time constraints at this moment, we can only provide limited support until a later date.
*DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLASH THE HEX FILE DIRECTLY TO THE PCB VIA THE ICD PINS. YOU MUST USE THE RETROTINK SOFTWARE. THE FIRMWARE CONTAINS AN ANTI-PIRACY MEASURE THAT CAN PERMANENTLY DESTROY THE DEVICE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT CAN OCCUR IN THIS CASE.
1. Download the FTDI D2XX Drivers and install.
2. Download the RetroTINK Firmware update tool and install by unzipping and running RT_FWUP
3. Download the RT2X-Pro v11.hex file.
4. Plug your device into your computer's USB port while holding down the 'INPUT' button. The LED should be RED indicating update mode.
5. Run the RetroTINK Firmware Update tool. The installer will have left a shortcut on your desktop.
6. Hit 'Search'. You should see 'FT232R USB UART' appear in the box.
7. Hit 'Load HEX' and point to the .hex file you downloaded.
8. Hit 'Flash'. The update process should start. If the window freezes, that is okay - the update should complete within a minute or so.
9. Your device should reboot and be ready to use.
10. If you accidentally interrupt the process, just start over from step 4.