We will accept orders in early December once units are in inventory.
No preorders needed. Units will begin shipping immediately, but it may take up to 6 weeks to fufill the entire batch.
Check out our blog post introducing the product for a deeper dive of the RT4K!
The RetroTINK-4K is the latest evolution of the RetroTINK line of video line doublers and upscalers. Below is a list of a few standout features.
- HDMI (TM) 2.0 up to 4K60.
- Flexible output modes including 480p, 1080p, 1440p at various refresh rates (60/120/etc.)
- Custom modelines possible via a text file on the SD card
- Fully buffered video (drop-free on input changes), Gen Locked and Frame Locked sync modes
- HDR10 output with full color correction to Rec. 2020
- User selectable colorimetry (Rec. 709, Rec. 2020, sRGB, etc.)
- High frame rate output modes: 1440p120, 1080p120
- Optional deep color output (10 bits at 4K60 may not be compatible with all displays)
- Up to 8-ch LPCM audio
- Wide array of inputs that support virtually every single format out of the box
- Rear RCA
- Front Composite
- Front S-Video
- Analog audio input up to 96 kHz/24-bit wth full gain control
- Optical TOSLINK audio input supporting 2-Ch LPCM or compressed surround
- Audio input can be independently selected of video source
- HDMI (TM) 1.4 Input supporting up to 1920x1080p60/1920x1200p60 CVT-rb and 8-Ch LPCM or compressed surround
- Powerful Cyclone V 5CEBA7-series FPGA with 149.5k LE and 7.696 Mbits of BRAM
- 600 MHz HDMI (TM) 2.0 transmitter
- 48-bit wide low-latency SDRAM frame buffer
- Standard USB-C 5V power input
- Full size SD card data storage
- Custom designed heat sink for passive cooling
- Automatic gain calibration
- Automatic phase calibration
- Automatic input cropping to trim borders
- Full control of gain, offset and sample rate
- Console specific automatic sample rate detection (experimental feature, SNES, PS1, PS2 and Genesis profiles for both NTSC and PAL)
- Support for a wide variety of off-spec arcade and PC boards (may require custom profiles to properly trim and center the image)
- Max RGB/component resolution of 1920x1080p60 or 1920x1200p60 CVT-rb
- Robust composite/S-video decoder with multi-region support (NTSC, PAL, PAL-60, SECAM)
- Fully flexible, custom cropping and zooming in the horizontal and vertical space independent of other settings
- Automatic aspect ratio correction to 4:3 or 16:9
- Motion adaptive deinterlacing including film modes for 3:2 and 2:2 inverse telecine (experimental feature)
- RoTATE 90 deg clockwise or counterclockwise (for 240p, 288p and 360p inputs)
- Multiple CRT beam profiles
- Fully configurable CRT beam strength and intensity modulation
- Adjustable CRT masks and strength
- Interlaced video simulation with offset scanlines
- LCD simulation patterns that automatically adapt to scaling, including non-integer factors
- End to end RGB pipeline with internal 12-bit precision
- Conventional gamma and approximated modes to minimize quantization error
- Advanced and fully configurable gamma and perceptual quantizer (HDR)
- Advanced color gamut transforms to simulate different display technologies
- Black frame insertion engine with customizable pattern and intensity
- Linear light processing
- User profiles stored on SD card
- Profiles can be assigned to 1-12 buttons on remote
- Auto-load profile on powerup
- Includes profiles made by legends FireBrandX and Wobbling Pixels
- Advanced OSD menu based system
- Custom premium remote control
- Firmware upgradable via SD card
- RetroTINK-4K Unit
- 8GB SD Card with pre-loaded software and profiles
- USB-A/USB-C SD Card Reader
- Remote Control
- USB-A to USB-C power cord
Due to wide range of international plug types as well as product liability with AC adapters, we are not including a power brick. You may use any USB source supplying at least 5V/2A.
The user manual is hosted at the RetroTINK-4K Wiki and is updated as new features are added.
Join the RetroTINK Discord for live assistance.
The following conditions override the standard Store Policies:
- The RetroTINK-4K comes with a 2-year warranty, rather than the standard 1-year warranty.
- Non-defective returns are subject to a 5% restocking fee rather than the standard 15%